COVID-19 & INFLUENZA TESTING
St. Clair County Health Department is providing free COVID-19 and Influenza (flu) testing.
We will be testing using a nasal swab and antigen testing materials. Antigen tests detect proteins from the virus.
Why should I be tested?
You should test:
- if you have been exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 and/or Influenza. and
- have symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, headache, and loss of taste or smell
What are the known and potential risks and benefits of the test?
Potential risks include:
- Possible discomfort or other complications that can happen during sample collection
- Possible False Negative
Potential benefits include:
- The results, along with other information, can help your healthcare provider make informed recommendations about your healthcare
- The results of this test may help limit the spread of COVID-19, Influenza A or Influenza B to your family and others in your community.